We are using 5 digit user extensions.
I tried changing caller ID fields on the User, and on the gateway to no avail.

I know I'm missing something in front of my nose, but can't get sipX to send
out 10 digits for the sipX calling extension caller ID.
Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

OK.  Wait.  Tried 1 more thing.  I know that the caller ID sent is driven by
the User Extension, but only to a point.  When the User extension is 5 digits,
the caller ID sends 5.  I changed the User extension to 7 digits, and 7 digits
are passed with caller ID.  However, if I change the User extension to 10
digits, it reverts back to only send 5 digits.

I noticed sipX doesn't want to assign 10-digit user numbers.  If I assign the
Extension pool to a range using 10-digit numbers and save it, the number revert
to different string than what I enter.

                                LIST TRACE
time            data
16:54:13     Calling party trunk-group 90 member 1  cid 0x1bcf
16:54:13     Calling Number & Name 2512092 Eric P                  (when set to
7 digit user)
16:54:13     active trunk-group 90 member 1  cid 0x1bcf
16:54:13     dial 9770853 route:ARS

17:00:10     Calling party trunk-group 90 member 1  cid 0x283c
17:00:10     Calling Number & Name 12092 Eric P                (when set to 5
or 10 digit user)
17:00:10     active trunk-group 90 member 1  cid 0x283c
17:00:10     dial 9770853 route:ARS

Thanks in advance.
Laura Smith
University Technology Svcs
Emory University
404-778-5060
laura.sm...@emory.edu

information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
prohibited.