On 7/27/10 11:44 AM, WORLEY, Dale R (Dale) wrote:
From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Michael Scheidell
[scheid...@secnap.net]

I have two packet traces.

one for each different ITSP.

inbound call from ITSP1, to a local extention with 'always enabled at the same
time' to my cell.

INVITE to ITSP 1 sets Max-Forwards to 70.

INVITE to ITSP 2 sets Max-Forwards to 1.  (and, thus, call does NOT go
through!!!)
________________________________

You're going to have to be a lot clearer than this.  In regard to the INVITE
that has Max-Forwards: 1 -- *who* sends it?

sipx does.

*who* is it directed to?
the external phone number in the users call forward.
(Seeing that you must have seen a trace of this message, you must be able to
determine these facts.)

Even better would be to capture a snapshot of the call.

sipx sets max-forwards to 1 for any external call forwarded if the sbc is NOT sipxbridge-1

(or, maybe it sets it to 1 and sipxbridge rewrites it to 70?)

Dale
see my original post.

have two packet traces.

one for each different ITSP.

inbound call from ITSP1, to a local extention with 'always enabled at the same time' to my cell.

INVITE to ITSP 1 sets Max-Forwards to 70.

INVITE to ITSP 2 sets Max-Forwards to 1. (and, thus, call does NOT go through!!!)

gets:   SIP Status: *483 Too many hops

*Only difference I can tell, is I am using sipxbridge-1 on ITSP #1 (voip.ms) and using the ITSP's SBC as my route for ITSP #2 (Level3)

so, who sets the max-forwards to 1?

Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008