Nope. The config files will be overwritten unless the template has it. If
tyou manually edit the template which will get overwritten with updates.
Additionally, wiring the chats to a database indicate extending the DB
schema, so really getting that done in sipxconfig as part of the way the
system manages openfire really does make sense.