On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Tony Graziano
<tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:
> Am I right in thinking there is no guarantee an update between development
> versions or from development to stable versions is necessarily supported? In
> which case a "backup" is always prudent, as one can always do a restore the
> to same version.

backups actually.

In the following scenario where there are 9 successive development updates
 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
and update 5 creates crazy config that cannot be supported and not
discovered until rev 6.  Then restoring to rev 5 will never help you.
it's rev 5 is considered unsupported.  So a backups from 1-4 would be
required.  Again, this is (should) just for test systems.