I didn't know the 501 or 601 could run anything later than a 3.1.x version
specifically. Are you sure you have 501/601's on firmware 3.2.2? Check the
phone directly, pay no attention to the firmware that you have enabled in
sipx...

I would suspect you need to be running (on those) 3.1.6 and nothing later
before venturing any further.

At the same time I understand your question, but is the phone able to place
a call to the PSTN without permissions? Is that what you are saying? If you
have an old config in that phone, consider reformatting it and starting over
first. It could have your gateway in as a gateway of last resort and the
gateway is accepting the call...
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Worley, Dale R (Dale)
<dwor...@avaya.com>wrote:

> From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org [
> sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Joe Micciche [
> jmicc...@redhat.com]
>
> I've got a repeatable case where a Polycom 501 or 601 running 3.2.3.0002
> can call out while not registered.

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.