I also thought about creating a feature request in the tracker.
It would be really helpful if this option would be set within the
preconfigured dhcp server and I cannot see a problem with other devices in
the network.

René

2010/10/7 Douglas Hubler <dhub...@ezuce.com>

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Rene Pankratz
> <rene.pankratz.l...@iant.de> wrote:
> > Unfortunately Snom telephones do not run out of the box with sipx.
> >
> > You have to edit /etc/dhcpd.conf file and add the following option:
> > option bootfile-name         "phone/profile/docroot/{mac}.xml";
> >
> > After doing that add you can simply add Snom370 telephones in the sipx
> > config and they should get the configuration automatically.
>
> is that change harmful to any other devices?  in other words, should
> that be added to dhcpd template when you use the pre-configured dhcpd
> server?

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) René Pankratz

IANT- APPLIED NGN-TECHNOLOGIES

Schlüsselfertige VoIP-Lösungen und mehr...

IANT GmbH
Salzdahlumer Straße 46/48
D-38302 Wolfenbüttel
Fon: +49/(0)5331/ 900989-450
Fax: +49/(0)5331/ 900989-499
Internet: www.iant.de

Ust.-IdNr: DE264352710
HRB 201710, Amtsgericht Braunschweig
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Diederich Wermser, Dipl.-Ing. Jan Schumacher

IANT is Member of GROUPLINK
www.grouplink.de