I never actually implemented GOOG411 via a phone number or dial plan.

I create a user with no phone and forwarded the calls all the time to the
sip uri for the GOOG411 service. It works fine this way. I don't have to
mess with the dial plan and it never uses the dial plan since there's a
local user. I never have to restart services.

Similarly I did thesame thing for the user "411" and forwarded it to
18002464411 and it also works fine. The only difference is the ITSP charges
for "usage" or minutes by dialing the 1800 number, whereas the SIP uri (and
the resulting connection if I chose to connect to the number I searched for)
was ALWAYS free.

Does BING or any other free 411 service (besides goog411) have a matching
sip uri?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 7:34 AM, Michael Scheidell <
michael.scheid...@secnap.com> wrote:

>  Just Tried Bing 411 (800 BING411).
> seemed to work find.
> I don't think my ITSP charges for xxx-555-1212.  I think its just forwarded
> to local telco for processing.
>
> --
> Michael Scheidell, CTO
> o: 561-999-5000
> d: 561-948-2259
> ISN: 1259*1300
> > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation
>
>    - Certified SNORT Integrator
>    - 2008-9 Hot Company Award Winner, World Executive Alliance
>    - Five-Star Partner Program 2009, VARBusiness
>    - Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
>    - King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

> This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
> For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.