Hi Michael,

Its not a requirement driven by throughput or resiliency...

Its a common setup in enterprise environments for servers to
be connected to a private network for management and admin
(backups, updates, monitoring etc) and then have servers
connected to a separate public or private network for
applications.

Maybe one of the redhat guy's can confirm this?

Seems like we should have a config setting in the
application to allow the admin to explicitly set the IP
address of the box...which in fact we do with the initial
setup script, so still not sure why the application would
bind to the wrong address...

If there is enough interest, maybe I'll give this a try and
report back what breaks...!

Abdul