That's correct because we are trying to redirect to the virtual host name which
is on the https port. The goal here is so we can have the end user go to
http://voicemail.example.com or https://voicemail.example.com and get the
config portal. The first virtual host just does a redirect to the second
virtual host wh ich is where the real magic happens. The second virtual host
does a proxy pass to the real sipx server on port 8443. The problem is that all
links, javascript and css are using fully qualified URLs rather than relative
URLs. So even though the browser is going to
https://voicemail.example.com/sipxconfig all the links are to
https://sipx.example.com:8443/sipxconfig and this presents a problem when a
user clicks a link it goes to the https://sipx.example.com:8443 where there is
no existing session or they may not be able to reach it if they are outside the
network.

We are trying to do this for a couple of reasons. 1. So users outside of the
network can reach the internal only sipx server. 2. So we can use well known
ports and simple url format. 3. Any upgrades or server renames are transparent
to our users.

We had this working before, but once upgrading our system hardware we cannot
find the proper file to change the base URL path.

Gabrial Casey
Telecommunications
Franklin American Mortgage Company
501 Corporate Center Dr.