On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Douglas Hubler <dhub...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> 1.) Test manually configured phone for compatibility w/sipxecs,
>  required skill of TESTER = 5
>  size of effort for TESTER = 3

Is the this scale graded 1-5?  This part would be fairly straight
forward using the Polycom conversion tool.  I agree, it would be nice
to see how well the current sipX features play with the new configs
before taking on a new sipXconfig.

> 2.) Port existing settings to new format.
>   required skill of DEVELOPER = 5
>   size of effort for DEVELOPER = 3
>
> 3.) Understand and support new settings
>   required skill of DEVELOPER = 2
>   required skill of TESTER = 5
>   size of effort for TESTER = 3 to 5 depending on amount of new settings
>   size of effort for DEVELOPER = 3 to 5 depending on amount of new settings
>
> 4.) Optional: Support reload w/o restart
>   required skill of DEVELOPER = 5
>   size of effort for DEVELOPER = 2
>
> Did I forget anything?
> By "required skill" I mean, to be efficient, not that anyone couldn't
> ultimately do the work.

Not at this point.  I would like to hear from eZuce on the matter
though.  I definitely don't want to reproduce any efforts that may
already be in play.

-Jim