Thank you both for your replies. Would it be worth having development add
the sip.cfg mod to the phone group configuration or should one proceed with
simply setting up the message number as the first speed dial. I avoid
editing any of the tftp config files and they get overwritten the next time
you do a send profile.

Jes

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Jim Canfield <jcanfi...@emstar.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Becker, Jesse <beck...@sunyulster.edu>
> wrote:
> > All,
> >    I am currently experimenting with the Polycom 335s, 331s, and 321s.
> They
> > have the ability to either have a second line button or it can be
> replaced
> > with an included Messages button cap. Is there a configuration options in
> > sipxecs to enable the messages button or should one simply make the check
> > voicemail number (ie. 101) the users first speed dial?
>

> http://knowledgebase.polycom.com/knowledgebase/End%20User/Tech%20Alerts/Audio/Line2_to_Messages_Key_SoundPoint_IP_TB35656.pdf

*Jesse Becker*  |  Technical Manager  |  CCNA, Linux+, Network+
SUNY Ulster, 491 Cottekill Road, Stone Ridge, NY  12484
Tel 845-687-5064 | Fax 845-687-5105
beck...@sunyulster.edu | www.sunyulster.edu

Check out our knowledge base: http://kb.sunyulster.edu