I did an import via CSV to populate a few accounts. When I did that, i
noticed i did not have sip passwords in the CSV file.

I then created a couple of phones and added lines to them. In this case, a
Polycom 650 and a Linksys SPA942.

I found it interesting to see both phones registered. I did not see that the
polycom could make internal calls, but the SPA could. upon inputting sip
passwords I was then able to dial from either phone without issue after the
profiles reloaded.

I just found it interesting that "I think" my gut reaction was that the SPA
was less secure than the Polycom. Even though phones don't need permissions
to make calls, certain criteria may be necessary in the device config itself
to allow it to do so.

http://support.myitdepartment.net

Linked-In Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4