On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Gabe Casey <gca...@franklinamerican.com>wrote:

> I have a question concerning the installation of a cisco UBE. This SBC  is
> required for an installation.
>
> Typically Music on hold scenarios are handled via the sipx-bridge.  I see
> that the polycom phones use an sdp event to trigger the invite to the url
> ~~...@doman.tld
> Can anyone explain this process and what i might do to pass this through
> the extenal sbc.
>
> The Unified Boarder Element is technically designed to sit in front of a
> CCM which will supply the unicast or multicast audio.
> My traces from the cisco do show the sdp event= send only which seems to
> trigger an on hold scenario however im not sure how the entire process
> actually works in a sip gateway
>

> The environment:
> 4.2 from iso
> Polycom 450/650
>
> Warm Regards
>
> *Gabrial Casey*
> *Telecommunications*
> Franklin American Mortgage Company
> 501 Corporate Center Dr.
> Suite 400
> Franklin, TN 37067
> Direct:615-468-2945
> Cell: 615-852-5015
> Fax: 615-628-5698
> Email:gca...@franklinamerican.com <email%3agca...@franklinamerican.com>

> This message contains confidential information. If you are not the named
> addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
> notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake
> and delete this e-mail from your system. Finally, the recipient should check
> this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
> accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
> email.

The SBC's we work with support a MOH uri which handles that (and ignores the
polycom moh).

SBC says: Support old type (0.0.0.0.), which is silence. Support MOH URI,
where we input the default sipx MOH uri the polycom phones use.

Sipxbridge does its own MOH, which is not customizable.

The question is, what does the SBC support as far as MOH, because you have
not indicated that yet.

/t