From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Henry Dogger
[h.dog...@telecats.nl]

I’m looking for some tips concerning dividing server capacity in my ha-setup.

One thing to remember is that all the registrars share their registration data
in real time, so even if one registrar doesn't handle REGISTER requests, it
still does all the database updates.  If you want to minimize load on the
primary, turn off its registrar (and adjust your DNS so that host is not in an
SRV for the SIP domain, so nobody attempts to send REGISTER requests to it).

I suppose you could also separate the proxy and registrar functions onto
different hosts, but that would take more delicate work.

Dale