On 01/27/2011 10:14 AM, Todd Hodgen wrote:
> Curious, in your implementation, are you providing call paths from Siemen
> switch to Siemen switch via the Sipxecs, and is it acting as the core for
> that network, or are using multiple circuits to connect all of these
> switches in a different architecture?

At the beginning, pbxs were connected with dedicated circuits (leased
lines or fibers). Now we are planning to dismiss those lines, and calls
between Siemens switch will be routed through SipXecs, BUT be aware that
you can have some problems:

1. Called IDs are not sent back to Siemens phones
2. If you have the Siemens Phonemail in production, notifications about
messages in the voicemail box generate phantom calls every few minutes

If you don't have a Phonemail in production (and the first problem is
not important for your organization), you can use SipXecs as the core
for the network.

I've done it for a while: all the mobile calls from ALL the Siemens
switch were routed via SipXecs to our SIP GSM gateway...

And I will do it again when I'll move all the voicemail boxes to SipXecs
Voicemail.

Actually we have already dismissed a Siemens Hicom, and we have plans to
dismiss all the Siemens switches in the next months...

I think that this can be replicated with every pbx with an available
E1/T1 port.

HTH,

Massimo

--

Massimo Vignone
UniMORE - Servizi Informatici - Reti e Sistemi

Phone: +39.059.2058032  Fax: +39.059.2058034
sip:massimo.vign...@unimore.it  ISN:8032*881