On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Bob Blanchard Jr. <bl...@dainty.ca> wrote:
> I have found a hack to change the language on a transfer to another
> auto-attendant, involving passing "locale" on a transfer to a URL.
>
> First, create the second-language auto-attendant (in our case french) and
> determine the "schedule_id".  You can determine the schedule_id by creating
> a temporary Dial Plan for the new auto-attendant and checking
> /etc/sipxpbx/mappingrules.xml...  search for action=autoattendant within the
> newly created dial plan.
>
> >From the english auto-attendant, create a dialpad action "Transfer to
> Extension or Other Destination", and put the URL obtained from the
> mappingrules.xml, with the appropriate locale:  eg.
> <sip:IVR@192.168.2.1:15060;action=autoattendant;schedule_id=aa_11;locale=fr-ca>
>
> The only problem remaining is that after dialing french option, the message
> "Please hold while I transfer your call" plays before sending you to the
> french auto-attendant.
>
> Is there a way to suppress this message on transfer?

Re-record the wav with silence?

Nice work figuring this out.  If you edit mapping rules directly,
doesn't it get overwritten on changes?  There used to be a way to
write custom mapping rules that gets merged into the mapping rules one
build in the UI.  Would that help you here?

Can you open a feature request to make this prompt localizable as well?