I guess I'm not sure why a duplicate tftp server would be needed (unless you
are doing custom stuff...  but then you should have a backup of the custom
stuff).  If the phones reboot and there's no TFTP server there they should
retain their configurations.

Plus, it's not like you're going to make configuration changes if the master
is off-line.

Mike

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Claas Hilbrecht <
claas.hilbrecht+maillinglists.sipx...@linum.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > I think a "backup" tftp server on the secondary systems would be useful.
>
> > This would be a good case of where a synced directory makes sense for
> > fault tolerance. Perhaps you can open a jira/improvement request on this?
>
> Ok, so this I the "normal" behaviour. I just want to make sure that this
> really works as expected. But in this case the dhcpd.conf should be
> adjusted or I missed some documentation.
>
> PS: I tried three times to setup a sipxecs cluster with dns and dhcp
> provided by sipxecs and there are some more pitfalls. Is there some more
> information available somewhere how to setup such a system?
>
> --
>  Claas Hilbrecht
>  http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and
those who don't.

mpic...@gmail.com
blog: http://www.sipxecs.info
call: sip:mpic...@sipxecs.info