I know there are/were some things that firewalls, and/or itsp's do at (almost ) exactly 600 seconds.

I am trying to track down why a held call will lost moh at exactly 600 seconds.

dialing out of a 4.20 system, using level3 els trunks (separate sip signaling and media servers), using internal sipx bridge.

phone is polycom 650, fw 3.13.

i make an outbound call to my cell, and put it on hold, set mute buttons, listen to my nice moh.

600 second later, abruptly, no moh. and if I take call off of hold, I get two way audio.

I do see sipx sending another invite to the itsp, and they send sdp: 200 ok, ack it, then sipx sends another invite, and I see several more sdp 200ok's from them along with another invite.

yes, I can do packet traces.

any ideas till then?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Best Intrusion Prevention Product, Networks Product Guide
   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Hot Company Award, World Executive Alliance
   * Best in Email Security, 2010 Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine