Hi All,
   This is my first post to the sipx-users mailing list. I currently
administer a NEC PBX (NEAX 2400 IPX / SV7000) and an NEC voicemail server
(NEAXMail AD-64). The PBX communicates with the voicemail server via NEC's
Message Center Interface (MCI) using a serial cable (which we've actually
then done converted to USB) on COM1.
   I'm trying to get my feet wet with sipXecs. Integrating the voicemail
system seems like a fairly simple and beneficial first step and I was
wondering if anyone was aware if sipXecs can interpret NEC's MCI protocol
(it looks like fairly straightforward text through HyperTerminal) and if so,
if there is any documentation on how to integrate (generally or
specifically) an existing PBX with sipXecs' voicemail functionality?
   My hope would be to eventually move over entirely to sipXecs.
Thanks,
Dave Mackey