On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)
<mkitchin.pub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm far from an expert at yum, repos, etc. Would it be possible for you
> to do something link maintain a mirror of the CentOS yum repositiry and
> point sipx machines to that repository only? You could then only
> "approve" important patches.

this is technically easy to do and may seems like a good idea, but ...
* What's approved by me may not be approved by you.
* CentOS already does a great job of this and doesn't post updates to
patches that aren't relatively safe to apply.
* I wouldn't want to be the bottleneck on getting an important
security patch out.
* I would just end up just republishing everything CentOS does
* I doubt this wouldn't change one thing in practice as far as admin
update policies