On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Matthew Kitchin (public/usenet)
<mkitchin.pub...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one 4.0.4 server that I built from scratch. Postfix is my MTA of
> choice, but somehow this machine ended up running Exim.
Exim, really, and sipXecs did that?

>  I'm fine with
> the Sendmail setup in the Sipx ISO install as well. I plan to upgrade
> this server to 4.4. How will it handle the email config? Will it leave
> it alone, install sendmail, or something else?

it does attempt to configure something about sendmail.  i only know
this because there were some problems that were fixed in 4.4 early
alpha.

> I would be happy to get
> it on  a standard Sendmail config like my ISO builds.
> On a side note, is it recommended I got from 4.0.4 straight to 4.4, or
> do I need to go to 4.2.1 first?

i recently assisted in an upgrade from 3.10 to 4.2.1 and ran into this
 http://track.sipfoundry.org/browse/XX-9566
and i'm not sure if upgrading from 4.0.5 will hit this too. i think
step from 4.2.1 to 4.4 is not an issue, therefore I would mostly worry
about the XX-9566 issue and following EACH steps mentioned in the wiki
from 3.10 thru 4.4