the registar and proxy resatarts do not interfere with ongoing calls.
it means new calls cannot come in or go out for a 1-2 second duration
while services are stopped/tested/restarted. media is not affected
either.

if it were me, and it's not, if i were using siptrunks and had that
kind of call volume, then i would consider an external sbc so that all
media for actual calls is not anchored by sipx with the exception of
the media server (voicemail, aa and acd queue). in the case of
openacd, the media is by FS, which reloads, not restarts, so is the AA
and Vm in 4.4.

This means if the agent was talking with someone you could yank the
ethernet cable from sipx and watch the calls continue with
uninterrupted rtp... if you were using a pri or other telco gateways
the sbc is unneccessary too, just a good pstn gateway.

http://support.myitdepartment.net
Blog:
http://blog.myitdepartment.net

Linked-In Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4