Since the Spectralink's are not plug and play or configurable by sipx
directly (plugin welcome), there would be nothing to prevent you from
configuring them manually, realize that firmware 3.3 behavior has not been
tested (in general) with sipx yet.

Polycom does have a linux tool to convert the 3.2.x or earlier configs to
3.3 formats. Realize also when doing this sipx will overwrite these when
doing an upgrade or making a change on a phone. It is very possible to run
the config tool against some select phones to test different call scenarios
against sipx.

I would also suggest that running this tool and opening the config file for
a generic polycom spiundpoint ip and comparing it to the sipxconfig
generated profile will allow a spectralink configuration the following; to
donload a manually configured spectralink and compere the 3.3.x config file
against a soundpoint ip config file that has been run through the upgrade
tool in order to get the correct syntax and parameters. Thusly, one could
create/edit the spectralink file and make it available in the tftp root for
sipxconfig so "additional" phones could manually create/edit the configs,
yet be automatically provisioned.

Realize the 3.3 firmware has some really sought after features which have
not been addressed yet (phone PIN unlock, hot reload of config without
restarting, etc.). The config files have also been streamlined from a
parameters standpoint (condensed) and the number of config files per phones
have been consolidated (reduced).

Personally, the constant issues with Spectralink's we've experienced and
helped people with at our office really get diminished by using the Kirk
(DECT) stuff instead. I do realize this is a tougher sell for organizations
that already have a wifi infrastructure and want to utilize it.

Good luck with the Spectralink and keep us posted.

Ask about our Internet faxservices!