I have already defined an alarm for the VM login attempts with the existing
attempt limitation(3) in a session.
We may lock the account as in the issue description or block the IP
manually, but may be after a second attempt, i.e. assuming superadmin is
notified with the first.

But I am not sure about the idea of a "fail2ban integration(?)" in the
concept of this issue. Are we talking here about shipping sipx with fail2ban
and editing its configuration files after this failed attempts in VM?
Shouldn't this be implemented under a more general issue that aims
preventing call fraud etc.?

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net