We will soon be upgrading to 8 GB on our systems.  After a week or two, the
system starts swapping and causes problems with phone calls.  A reboot fixes it
temporarily, but we need more RAM.

The swapping only happens on our primary system.  The backup server that runs
fewer processes is fine at 4 GB.

We are running 4.4 with 200-300 phones.

Nathan

Nathan P. Hay
Network Engineer | Information Technology
Cedarville University | www.cedarville.edu
937-766-7905
twitter:  @nathanphay

>>> Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> 10/14/2011 8:07 AM >>>
I typically see 2.8 - 3.3GB of memory use after 2 weeks in a new 4.4
install. low AA use. 2GB is simply not enough. Does it matter what processes
are swapping memory if you have "just not enough"? Inquiring minds want to
now!

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM, George Niculae <geo...@ezuce.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Tony Graziano
> <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net> wrote:
> > 4GB ram is the real minimum. I always spec at 8 on all systems. When you
> > start using swap, you will have issues, it means you need more ram. I
> expect
> > you will use more than 4gb over a month or so, so more ram, is better,
> you
> > dont want to get into swap.
> >

> Would be interesting to find out also what are the processes swapping
> memory.
>
> George

http://support.myitdepartment.net

<http://support.myitdepartment.net>Blog: