It's a registrar function. The registrar sends a request to the proxy which
then forks it to all UA's registered as whatever user ID the caller is
attempting to pick up. The UA's respond with their ringing calls. The 1 or 2
second delay is arbitrary and is there simply because it was easier to
implement than "answer the call as soon as a ringing call is found" logic.

Notice though that if you direct a call plckup code to a hunt group that it
will answer the first response that is received. I'm not sure why this is.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Tony Graziano <tgrazi...@myitdepartment.net

Josh Patten
eZuce
Solutions Architect