Perfectly legal. The ITSP could be using an ingress proxy to terminate to the switch in which case media and signalling is always different. There is also a possibility of PSTN gateways where each media processor board is equipped with their own ethernet ports which is in most cases is the case for high end boards. Regarding whether its presented in SDP is not always true. The SDP may contain a Natted IP in which case far end NAT traversal kicks in.

On 10/27/2011 05:32 PM, pscheep...@epo.org wrote:
If the ip-address of the RTP stream was specified in the sdp part of the INVITE then all is RFC-OK.

Don't know if this answers the question but no one else replied..

Paul