> From: Jeff Gilmore [j...@thegilmores.net]
>
> However, I notice a residual set of SUBSCRIBEs that are sent by the
> sipxRLS service to each extension that is enabled for voicemail (even
> ones with no phone attached).
>
> I traced one that went to one of my ATA devices, and it came back "501
> not implemented".  I can share a full trace if needed, but here is the
> contents of the initial message from sipxRLS:

sipXrls is supposed to maintain knowledge of the dialog status of any
extension that is named in /etc/sipxpbx/resource-lists.xml.  Entries
are put in that file if an extension is (1) marked to be monitored by
an extension's BLF, or (2) marked to be monitored for busy/non-busy
status for IM purposes.  In any case, you can check whether an
extension is to be monitored by sipXrls by looking in that file.

In order to do its job, sipXrls attempts to maintain subscriptions to
all the phones for the extension.  It uses a number of strategies to
do this as robustly as possible.  In your case, sipXrls attempts to
subscribe to dialog events from the ATA, but the ATA does not support
dialog events.  So the SUBSCRIBE that sipXrls sends gets an error
response.  Because the situation may have changed, at fairly long
intervals, sipXrls retries the SUBSCRIBE.

(BTW, why doesn't your ATA support dialog events?  A number of sipX
features won't work if dialog events aren't generated by the phones.)

Dale