On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Jeff Ferrara <jferr...@rhino.com.au> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to override the phone book
> supplied by sipX to Polycom phones.
> I want to change the "<rt>" (ringtone) field of the Polycom
> 000000000000-directory.xml file per contact to allow for individual
> ringtones based on extension.  I was thinking I might be able to simply
> change the files in the FTP / TFTP directory, but I'd expect these to be
> overwritten every time profiles are regenerated.

Proper way is to add support into configuration system, but that would
involve a lot of work. I can map that out if you're interested.  It
would only be accepted for next release: 4.6. It would involve
updating postgres, schema, tapestry pages, java core classes and java
polycom phone config implementation.

If you want to hack something specific for 4.4 release, if you edit

   mac-address-directory.xml.vm

it uses a syntax that is programmable

 http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.7/user-guide.html

Maybe you could hard code some convention, if a phonebook name ends in
"ZZZ" then set rt to specific value.