I guess it depends on the same error i got into fedora, cose of some
change in "file" command behaviour, you could try with the same fix I do
for fedora:

into script sipxecs-setup-system close to the line 79 you will find this
line :

reIsZoneData=re.compile(': timezone data$')

that need to be changed into

reIsZoneData=re.compile(': timezone data')

to be sure that this change will sort the right effect you could test it
executing

file /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Rome

if the output is like longer than

/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Rome: timezone data

you need that patch ..

bye
Domenico Chierico