Have a 4.4 system stood up after rebuilding/replacing my 4.2 system. I've noticed that with 4.4, when calling into the system via PSTN, some audio is fine and other is absolutely unintelligible.

Auto attendant = fine. No problem here. Phone conversations are also just fine.

However, when my personal voicemail greeting starts, or I visit a Conference room -- the audio sounds like a machine gun. It's completely, absolutely unintelligible. Literally it sounds like a helicopter rotor chopping away as static.

When I am calling locally, handset to handset, softphone to handset, or any permutation, there's no problems at all.

I am trunking right now through VoIP.ms, if that matters.

Any thoughts?