As remote phones are often on connections with Dynamic IP addresses, it is
usually desirable to re-register fairly often as the phone will be
unreachable in the event of an IP change. If this change happens just after
a re-registration and the re-registration timer is set for a long period of
time, such as 50 minutes, the phone would be unavailable for 50 minutes
until the registration occurred on the new IP address.

If you're experiencing a lot of call failures I'd suspect a SIP ALG (aka
SIP helper) is mucking with things.

Hope to see you at the sipX CoLab! http://www.sipfoundry.org/sipx-colab
A gathering for - open source users, eZuce customers & eZuce partners
Get the inside track on 4.6 and a glimpse at the future of sipXecs!

Josh Patten
eZuce
Solutions Architect
O.978-296-1005 X2050