On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Михаил Родионов <ma...@siplabs.ru> wrote:
> My 5 cents...
>
> I think we are not talking xhtml here but we are talking that having some
> place to put custom files and/or scripts to be used by phones (for example,
> xml-producing scripts, etc) inside the apache web root is sometimes handy.
> Our own PITA right here right now for example is where to put search script
> for Yealinks because they use server-side scripting for directory searching
> (which is required by clients when the directory is large).
>
> So the idea is to designate some place in the web root and say "hey, put
> your stuff there, it's safe and will never be overwritten by upgrade
> scripts".

For 4.4, you could study the apache configs, but Tony's recommendation
is safest, install a different web server.  thttpd is one i like, but
we all have our fav.

For 4.6, sharing apache was a goal.  Add files to /etc/httpd/conf.d,
restart apache and you're all set, I can't foresee anything overriding
it.

For full 4.6 integration as Tony mentioned, here's some examples of
how sipxconfig  plugs into apache

1.) Apache config that abstracts out where docroot lives

https://github.com/dhubler/sipxecs/blob/master/sipXconfig/etc/sipxpbx/sipxconfig/sipxconfig-apache.conf

2.) CFEngine script that installs apache config and signals apache to restart
 https://github.com/dhubler/sipxecs/blob/master/sipXconfig/etc/sipxconfig.cf

Ideally you bundle your scripts into an RPM (optional) to install
these files and you have some really powerful apache integration.