IF sipx was told to be the DNS server it should setup the zone file to be
AUTHORITIVE for the zone.

Until another device (softphone or hardware based phone) tries to connect
to it, it should be "happy". If it is acting as an AUTHORITIVE DNS SERVER
for its own ZONE (which would be the sipdomain you used in setting it up),
it still needs a forwarding DNS server, whether that is inside or outside.

>From a PC, MAC or LINUX machine on its network, its very easy to verify if
the DNS records are there:

i.e.
Windows PC
nslookup
server 1.2.3.4 (where 1.2.3.4 is the local IP of the sipx server)
set type=srv
_sip._udp.sipdomain.tld (where sipdomain.tld is your sipdmomain used during
the setup, like mydomain.com)

It should find AND return the records like this:

> set type=srv
> _sip._udp.mydomain.com
Server:  [10.255.252.64]
Address:  10.255.252.64

_sip._udp. mydomain.com       SRV service location:
          priority       = 1
          weight         = 0
          port           = 5060
          svr hostname   = pbx.mydomain.com
mydomain.com        nameserver = pbx.mydomain.com
mydomain.com    internet address = 10.255.252.64

If it is still not resolving when queried directly from the sipx server in
this fashion, you have a problem THERE that you need to address first.

What you FAILED to provide:

SIP route to SIPXCHANGE_DOMAIN_NAME 'netappsid.voip' is not to my IP
address: 192.168.177.1

The A record in your ZONE FILE should be there.

sipxecs.netappsid.voip. IN    A  192.168.177.1

Why is that? Fix that.

Linked-In Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tony-graziano/14/4a6/7a4
Ask about our Internet Fax services!