From: "Douglas Hubler" <dhub...@ezuce.com>
To: "Discussion list for users of sipXecs software"
<sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Subject: [sipx-users] Proposed Firewall Config
Date: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 4:28 am

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Josh Patten <jpat...@ezuce.com> wrote:
> Perhaps for the time being an option for simply choosing TCP/UDP/both and
> the port range would be sufficient. Other options could possibly be added
> later.

On an install from ISO, with every feature installed, the firewall
config should handle everything they need.  There will be no ports
missing as they wouldn't be any services not covered.

Now comes the tweaker, who installs webadmin after the fact or the
tweaker that changes the SSH port.  Instead of adding a custom port
firewall UI might cover what they need or it might not.  Wouldn't
everyone be better served with a way to change the firewall config by
augmenting the final iptables config file?  And for the true control
freaks, a way to control iptables file completely?