I would agree completely.

Thank you for the information.

Rob

From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Mircea Carasel
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:19 AM
To: Discussion list for users of sipXecs software
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] 4.6 Firewall Question

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Robert Schroeder
<robert.schroe...@memberfirstmortgage.com> wrote:
Is there a method for adding a firewall rule in the 4.6 platform. I am beta
testing and have a need to add a rule in the firewall.
Well.  you have the option to disable firewall management from withing 4.6
platform and manually add your rules (System/Firewall - Settings tab: check
unmanaged firewall service) . Otherwise you have a fixed set of rules for all
ports that 4.6 uses and that are allowed to be public or not (clustered)

I suspect that what you want is to be able to add a new rule on a different
port, that is not among existing rules set. AFAIK, this is not possible, but I
think would be a useful addition...
Mircea

Thanks Everyone,

Robert Schroeder
IT Manager
Information Systems
Member First Mortgage: NMLS ID# 149532
616 44th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
( Direct Dial: (616) 301-3354
( Toll Free: (866) 898-1818 ext. 3354
7 Fax: (616) 588-9787
( Cell: (616) 460-7245
8 http://www.memberfirstmortgage.com

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any content within it are intended
exclusively for the individual(s) or
entities to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachments
and all other content, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
print, save, copy, disclosure or distribution
immediately advise the sender by reply email
and delete all copies.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any content within it are intended
exclusively for the individual(s) or
entities to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachments
and all other content, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
print, save, copy, disclosure or distribution
immediately advise the sender by reply email
and delete all copies.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>