Thanks, thats the clue I needed.  Here is the process i used to get the dump in
case someone else is curious.

ls /proc/PID/fd/1

Output shows
/proc/PID/fd/1 -> pipe:[979841]

Doing a cat on /proc/PID/fd/1 while using kill -3 shows no output.

So then I use lsof to find that other process tied to the pipe.
lsof | grep 979841

This shows me the original thread and the Second PID used by sipxsupervisor.
ls /proc/Second PID/fd shows that pipe is tied to fd 39.

So know i can cat /proc/Second PID/fd/39

And I get a dump.  I was also able to use jmap as suggested as well.

-M

>>> Alex Mateescu <amatee...@ezuce.com> 09/16/12 6:32 PM >>>
I have yet to see an instance where kill -3 doesn't work. Check whether stdout
isn't already redirected, that's where the output is printed.

Alex