Hi George,

Thanks for the quick reply!

The record rate (sample rate) is no issue.  Through the web GUI I can
choose either 8khz or 16khz, as you indicate.  I'm referring to attributes
unique to MP3 creation, specifically, the* *bitrate.  This is related to
the audio compression in the MP3 encoding process.

I don't have a file up in front of me but I seem to remember it compresses
at 16 kbps (not to be confused with the 16 kHz sample rate).  I'd like to
at least double that to 32 kbps, or as I mentioned, variable bitrate at a
selectable quality setting would be phenomenal.

Does that make sense?  I'm trying to wring out some of the warble inherent
to a 16 kbps MP3.  Efficient with filesize, but you pay for it in audio
quality.

- Jeff