In our lab testing we have found that the Cisco SPA phones do not implement
RFC 4235 which is required for presence to work properly. When the sipXecs
server attempts to subscribe to the phone for presence information, the
phone returns a "501 Not Implemented" error message.

Until this is resolved by Cisco presence will never work on these phones.

Josh Patten
eZuce
Solutions Architect
O.978-296-1005 X2050