Trying 192.0.2.2...
Connected to smtp.example.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp.example.com ESMTP server ready Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:33:36 +0200
HELO client.example.com
250 smtp.example.com
MAIL from: <sen...@example.com>
250 Sender <sen...@example.com> Ok
RCPT to: <recipi...@example.com>
250 Recipient <recipi...@example.com> Ok
DATA
354 Ok Send data ending with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
From: sen...@example.com
To: recipi...@example.com
Subject: Test message
This is a test message.
.
250 Message received:
20040120203404.cccc18555.smtp.example....@client.example.com
QUIT
221 mx1.example.com ESMTP server closing connection

Again there are a number of reasons why delivery can fail. For example, your
network administrator may restrict outbound smtp to only specific IP
addresses... or your SPF records may be incomplete (missing a entry for your
sipxecs box) and Gmail is rejecting the host due to a lookup failure... etc.
There's just too many variables for me to guess at without knowing your
environment. Do you have a network administrator that can help you out?

HTH,
Matt