short answer...
not officially released

long answer...
4.6 is not officially released even though i believe it to be more
stable than 4.4.  Users that have run into issues with 4.6 may
disagree, because some are finding some issues due to the sheer amount
of changes that went into 4.6   Unfortunately we're finding issues
very slowly hence the delay.

ezuce has been using 4.6 build for quite some time so if you're doing
new installs, without question go with 4.6.

The other day the 4.6 release was horribly broken but it was found and
fix immediately.  We have automated tests, but it still requires a
little manual intervention to start and run