Todd,

The private subnet is: 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255.  That IP is a public IP
address, which is part of AOL in Nevada I think.  I actually have over 80
different public IP address entries in my log using that user to SSH to my
SipXecs box.

I understand that it's a phone system and not a firewall.  However it's a linux
server, and IPtables is the best firewall in world, IMHO.  I did have SSH
access open to the world, that was my choice.  I have never been bitten by this
before.  Either way, you should not be able to execute anything by SSH'ing with
the PlcmSpIp user, whether it's a public IP or not.

~Noah