From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Adam Lulek
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2012 6:11 PM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: [sipx-users] Problem with hunting busy users

Dear SipXecs creators,

 I would like to ask you for a possible solution or an explanation of  the
following issue.

 I work with SipXecs software platform in my bachelor thesis and one of  the
features that I have configured are Hunt Groups.

 Here is the scenario where my problem appeared:

 I have a hunt group 300, which contains 3 users - 200, 201 and 202.
 Hunt Group is configured sequentially, so when calling this group the
first rings user 200 for 15 seconds, then if no response rings 201 for
another 15 seconds and then the same with user 202. I make the first  call
from extension 401 to the hunt group 300. I pick up the software  phone on
the PC of user 200 during the first 15 seconds and it makes  user 200 busy.
I do not hang up and I keep users 401 and 200 calling  with each other.
During this call I try to call hunt group 300 from  another extension 402. I
expected that the user 200 should be left out  of the calling sequence
because he is busy and the first ringing user  will be user 201. But it
doesn´t happen. Instead of it, user 200 rings  for 15 seconds even if it is
busy. The software phone of user 200  rings and it annoys the ongoing call
of 200 with 401.
 This problem appears even with the parallel hunt groups configuration.
 I use the software phone Jitsi.

 What is the reason why are busy users hunted?
 Is this behavior regular or how can I prevent busy users from being hunted?
 I would like to ask you for a help about this issue.
 I would be very thankful.

 Best regards,
 Adam Lulek