On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Brian Elliott Finley <fin...@anl.gov> wrote:
> Thanks, Ti,
>
> Will do.
>
> -Brian
>

> Ti Leggett wrote:
>> The machine's been rebooted. Please email supp...@ci.uchicago.edu in the
>> future instead of Greg or I individually. Thanks.
>>
>> On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:51 AM, Andrea Righi wrote:
>>
>>> Greg,
>>
>>> systemimager.ci.uchicago.edu seem down, responding to ping and telnet,
>>> but nothing else.
>>
>>> When you have a minute could you try to reset the server?
>>
>>> Many thanks for your time,
>>> -Andrea

Thanks Ti,

everything's working fine now. We'll write to the support list next time.

For the other admins/developers (Brian, Bernard, ..): in addition to
the check-oom.pl script I've configured the kernel with:
  kernel.panic = 60
  vm.panic_on_oom = 2

In case of future OOMs (not prevented by the script) the system will
compulsorily panic and reboot after 60 sec. Hopefully this will
finally save all the possible hangs due to OOM.

-Andrea