Hi systemimager users and contributors,

The long awaited systemimager that works on modern distros is almost there (as
unstable alpha version for now).
It works so far on CentOS-7 and Fedora-25. CentOS-6 should also work (not yet
tested but its old dracut component is taken into account)

rpms for RHEL-6, RHEL-7, FC-25 and source tarball are available on OSCAR
Cluster repositories (see below)

I don't forget deb world, but no time for that now. 1st I need to polish the
new dracut based architecture.
Then I'll focus on deb world trying to deal with dracut conflict with
initramfs-tools on most deb distros.

repos: http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/repos/unstable/
src:
http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/pkgs/downloads/systemimager-4.5.0.tar.bz2
git:
https://github.com/finley/SystemImager/tree/initrd-from-imageserver-and-dont-package-initrd
post install scripts:
http://svn.oscar.openclustergroup.org/pkgs/downloads/sis_postinstall/

Please not that this is really EXPERIMENTAL. As such, do not use in real world
except if you know what you're doing.

Note that you must regenerate your install scripts using
si_mkautoinstallscript. This command now accpets "shell" as --post-install so
you can get a shell even if install is successfull. usefull for debugging post
install scripts.

si_mkbootpackage accepts an new parameter: --dracut-opts=""
For example, it is usefull when using it with qemu:
sudo si_mkbootpackage --dracut-opts="--add qemu --add qemu-net"
--destination=/tmp
Or if you want a specific keyboard.
sudo si_mkbootpackage --dracut-opts="--kernel-cmdline 'rd.vconsole.keymap=fr'"
--destination=/tmp
(man dracut.cmdline to see all paramaters that can be added that way)
Some options may conflict with si_mkbootpackage.
Note: si_mkbootpackage fails to compute initrd.img memory requirements. this is
harmless; the generated bootpackage is working.

Also note that network and bootloader are no longer setup by systemconfigurator
which is obsolete and doesn't know how to handle network manager or
systemd-networkd. The above post-install-scripts with small tweeking should do
the trick.

Happy testing.

Olivier.

--