Mark,
        Check to see if you have syslinux installed. From my experience,
installing syslinux-2.04-2.i386.rpm and the making /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg
directory manually works. What version of TFTPD are you using? I have had
the best luck using atftpd after uninstalling Red Hats TFTPD server( you
might want to make a copy of /etc/xinetd.d/tftp before you uninstall Red
Hats version of TFTPD so you can use it for ATFTPD). After you copy
pxelinux.0 to /tftpboot make sure that name corresponds with:
//////Snip from /etc/dhcpd.conf /////////
# Uncomment one of the two following lines.  The first, if you need to
# boot i386 clients, or the second for booting ia64 clients.
filename "pxelinux.bin";   # i386
#filename "elilo.efi";   # ia64
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
from your /etc/dhcpd.conf file. As you can see the default is pxelinux.bin
and not pxelinux.0. Both will work as long as the names match in both
places. Let me know if you are still having problems, I have a working step
by step doc on setting upSI with PXE boot using pxeconfig ( just needs to be
cleaned up a bit) if needed.

-Ed

From: Mark Seger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.com>
 </mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6020362> <<...OLE_Obj...>> getting pxe
boot going </mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=6020362>
2003-09-10 07:56
 I'm trying to do a network boot but am have some problems getting going.
  There really isn't any documentation [at least not that I could find in
 the 3.0.X manual] about this.  I installed a tftp server as well as
 enabled the pxe server.  When I run mkclientnetboot it complains that
 /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg is missing.  When I look around with google I
 found some references to moving SI files into that directory,
 specifically -- /usr/lib/syslinux/pxelinux.0 and
 /usr/share/systemimager/i386-boot/pxelinux.cfg/message.txt but they
 don't exist, so I'm guessing this may be for an earlier version of SI.

 Sounds like something that should also be added to the manual.

 -mark

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.