Well, seems I had a really old version of python, 1.5.2.  I setup a second
image server on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 box and it installed
perfectly.

A lot of the issues I had with setting up flamethrower are gone now.  The
only thing I had to do manually was add an entry in
/etc/systemimager/flamethrower.conf for boot-ia64-standard.  The
install works fine after that modification, except it hangs after
receiving the image.  I'm guessing it is untaring the image on the
receiver side?  Its been sitting for an hour, I would think it would be
done by now.  How can I turn off the debugging in the cvs version also?

I noticed that udp-receiver creates a file on the client end called
multicast.tar, then untars that.  Our image is 2.3G, is there anyway for
it to pipe directly to the /a filesystem using tar instead of to a file??
It takes quite a while for the untar to happen and a direct pipe, if that
is supported, might speed that up.  Just a guess though.

I'll continue to track cvs until a release comes out.  This is a welcomed
improvement...thanks

Jason