From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Andrew Weaver
Sent: Mon 27/02/2006 13:37
To: sisuite-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Sisuite-users] Regarding Grub.pm...

    Hopefully the answer to this will be quick for you guys, as I hate to
bother busy open sourcers with silly support requests. However, the problem
I am running into is as follows: We install all different linux
distributions (probably 6 or 7) and while the main system hardware is the
same. The disks may vary between IDE and Serial ATA. I dont really want to
make 14 different golden client images (7 for IDE and 7 for SATA) so I am
attempting to make grub.pm a little smarter. I have already modified the
master script so that it will detect whether its /dev/hda or /dev/sda, and
everything works absolutely perfectly until it tries to install grub.

    It looks like Grub.pm just uses the /boot/grub/device.map from the
golden client; which means that if its an IDE image, it will tell grub to
install the bootloader at /dev/hda. This works great! however I am wondering
if there is a way to add some level of detection to Grub.pm that says if [-e
/proc/ide/ide0/hda/model ]; then ...(create a device.map for /dev/hda), else
... (create a device.map for /dev/sda) fi I am running the latest stable
release of everything.

Any advice anyone can give me to get this last step done i'd be greatful.

Thank you,
-Drew