Thanks for the various responses.

My SATA/SDA image has ZERO hda* devices, so it mounts up the right dir
/dev/ but only see's /dev/hdc, which is not in this system.

Are you saying there is another directory other then /dev that would
have the devices? In FC*? I don't see it, seems that this directory is
completely empty in my image and appears to be created on boot.

My issue is purely that I had no hda* devices listed in /dev of my
image (because the image was not on a IDE system and thus used
megaraid-sas to create the /dev/sda devices.

It's working now, by solely, rsync'in the /dev/hda* files from a ide
image, that was the only change. So I'm having a hard time with the
other suggestions (not saying they are bad, just not seeing them fit
my scenario)..

Thanks

Tory