[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just attempted to PXE boot a HP Proliant  ML370 G2 with systemimager
> 3.9.6 and
> received the following kernel panic :
>
> Freeing unused kernel memory : 164k freed
> FATAL: Kernel too old
> Kernel panic : Attempting to kill init !

That's because the glibc into the initrd.img are build using the linux-2.6
headers (our build machine is a Ubuntu 7.04 host), that means your 2.4 kernel is
not compatible.

See also:
http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-January/013500.html

To resolve you should build systemimager from source using your 2.4 machine, in
order to have a compatible version of glibc in your initrd.img.

For us this is a very difficult issue to resolve: first of all we should find 2
build machines for each arch (one with 2.4 kernel and another with a 2.6
kernel), and then we should build 2 different versions for each arch of the
packages systemimager-initrd_template and systemimager-boot-standard...

-Andrea